Monday, October 20, 2008

Aches & Pains, Part 2


I had a very busy weekend and was not able to complete my long run for this week. Instead, I concentrated on cross-training. Last week, I talked about yoga and how it helps with aches & pains. Cross-training also will help!


So, what do you do on your days of rest? Sit on the couch and rest! Consider doing a different type of exericise. In addition to yoga, I take a Spin class each week. I never thought I would be one to enjoy a stationary bicycle, but spinning is actually fun. If you are a person who also keeps track of your steps each day (trying to walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day), spinning will add 283 steps per minute! The class I take is 60 minutes long. That is a lot of additional steps!


Here is an article from Runner's World on the benefits of cross-training, http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-263-266-7420-0,00.html.


I hope to have a better running week this week. I know that I will be able to "catch up" with my miles. For me, the most important thing is to just keep moving!


Gina

2 comments:

Liz said...

In the interest of Baker's Dozen, you've been tagged in my blog. Check out the last post (10/28). Because this is how blogs often are!

1/2 Marathon Training 2008 said...

Thanks for the tag Liz. I am having fun with my blogging experience!